Monday

Happy Monday!

Hello all!

I have been away from the blogging world and appearing every now and again as you can tell by my few posts over the weekend.
I had clinical so it did not leave me much time to do anything but prep for clinical and sleep early.
I usually go to sleep around 1 or 2 AM but I actually fell asleep both nights around 11 pm. That's a big step for me. haha.

Anywho, I wanted to say hi and know how everyone was.
I am actually in the process of finishing some homework for my class tomorrow which is on Emergency Prepardness.

Image by sillygwailo via Flickr


It is something I have never thought about because there has never been an actual "big" emergency in my area other than a few bad storms/floods/small hurricanes passing by. But I think that everyone should be prepared for a disaster event even if the possibility of a disaster happening is very slim, there still is that chance that it will happen.

I was trying to imagine the most horrible disaster event that could happen in my area and I thought "Wow. Is my city really ready for a disaster? Could all the local hospitals really deal with the mass of people injured/dead????"
So this got me thinking and I want to ask my lovely readers/blogging friends:
Are you prepared for an emergency disaster event? Do you know if your community has a protocol for a disaster event planned? If not, where would you go to find out? Are you and your family prepared to get up and go in case there would be an evacuation? Where would you go? Do you have emergency money in case you would have to leave your house? Do you know what resources you need in case of a evacuation? Just some water bottles and canned food? Or do you need more? Is your health in ok condition or do you need certain medications for your heart or health condition, and would you have enough medication to get you through an evacuation?
These are some of the questions you should think about and there are many more but I wanna know what your answer to all or some of these questions are.
Are you prepared for a disaster event???

Tell me!

For now I will go. I am going to spend the morning/early afternoon with my grammy which I am very happy about! Haven't been able to spend much time with her lately. Then I am off to work at 7p. =(
Hope to see many comments about your emergency plans or your non-existent ones!

Until next time....


♥,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: